Saturday, September 23, 2006

Food, food and more food

Okay...it's Saturday evening and it's time to review the day in regards to eating. My wife and I got up and had breakfast out, lunch out and dinner out. We haven't been to the grocery store in eons and so we're forced into eating out.

Breakfast was at a place called Elmer's. Crummy name for a place but they serve a great breakfast. So we split the "ranch breakfast" which consists of 2 eggs [we ordered a side order of 2 more eggs] hash browns, 4 sausage links and a blueberry muffin. The hash browns took up half the plate themselves. I took a portion that was about a third of what they provided.
Calories for breakfast= 700 (yikes!)

Lunch was at Los Dos Amigos down the street from our house. We split the fajita lunch. I had two fajitas (meat, onions and bell peppers) skipped the rice and beans and had about 7 corn chips with salsa. Yum!
Calories for lunch=I don't want to know

Dinner was our first time to try out a Chinese restaurant down the street from where we live. Again we split dinner. Egg drop soup, pulled pork and cabbage, pork fried rice, General Tso's Chicken and a crab cake appetizer. Great food!
Calories for dinner=I really don't want to know

It's not that we ate large portions - we did split each meal - but the items themselves are high in calories. We also don't eat like this during the week, but the calories do add up.

Maybe that's why I'm not losing weight as fast as I want, huh? Time to tighten it up!

No comments: