Thursday, September 15, 2005

Progress at last

It's been quite a hectic time since my last entry in August. We have moved into our new house - the first house of our own after 31 years of marriage. Quite the deal. I have stayed the course with my food "plan." I say plan, but really all it amounts to is staying under 2300 calories a day, eating complex carbs, more fruit and eating two snacks (one at midmorning and one midafternoon). I lifted weights after work today. I weighed myself after I finished - 309.2 lbs. I'm down 10 pounds in a little over 2 months. Just doing the math in my head...I've got about 10 months to lose 90 pounds to reach my goal of 100 pounds in one year (July 9, 2006). After weeks of being at a plateau with my weight, the pounds seem to be dropping again. Thank the Lord! It's an encouraging shot in the arm. So, I've got to pick up the pace a little in the excercise department. My knee is giving me some trouble. I hurt some ligaments last year during a move. It hasn't been the same since and that's frustrating. I'm determined though to get past it and get on with the weight loss. "Only" 90 pounds to go!

No comments: