Monday, May 29, 2006

I will fear no man!

I get coffee most every day at a little place not too far from where I work called "The Beanery." Over the course of the last two years that I've been having coffee there almost every day, I've noticed a martial arts studio a few doors down.

I don't remember exactly how the idea got stuck in my head, but one day I thought, "that would be great exercise and a lot of fun." I actually walked up to the door of the studio once or twice to talk about signing up, but chickened out. Well, I finally did it. I've signed up for 5 weeks of training. I will fear no man! Ha! I just hope to get some good exercise out of it and learn a thing or two. Generally, I'm just trying to get more active.

I'm down to 291 now. A far cry from where I wanted to be when I started this thing last year, but, I at least I've dropped almost 35 pounds and kept it off. By my 1 year anniversary in July, I hope to at least lost 40 to 45 pounds total. I know...it's not 100 pounds, but they will come off. It's just gonna take a little longer than I originally thought. And I'm a far cry from the almost 346 pounds I was 4 years ago.

No comments: