Friday, April 21, 2006

Daddy needs a new stereo

Well, I’m feeling pretty durn good today. Got up early this morning and weighed and I’m now at 295.2 pounds. Yeah! I think the plateau I’ve been on for the last two months might be breaking.
At work someone started a “Biggest Loser” competition. It was $25 to get in on it and the winner gets the money pot. C’mon baby! Daddy needs a new stereo! On my first weigh in since the initial one two weeks ago, I’ve lost 6 pounds according to the company scale (which weighs heavy by the way…see my earlier blogs about that).
I’ve been consistently exercising now for over 3 weeks. I can’t tell you how much better I feel – and how much stronger. I’m weight lifting 3 times a week and using the elliptical 2 times a week for 20 minutes. I hope to build up to 30 minutes and beyond soon.
I’ve also been trying to cut calories a little more. I was staying at 2,500 calories a day, but over the last couple of days, I’ve cut down to 2,000 and under a little.
This lifestyle is getting easier and easier to live with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. Keep up the good work. I am so happy for you! I too have gotten rid of 80 lbs. so far. I have 50 more lbs. to go. Just need to kick it up a notch. Got my natural hair back. Figuring out how to live life and all of that good stuff.

ksavage said...

Good going Randy!

I have managed to keep off the 25lbs I lost from this past Fall. My weight has plateaued now. Ugh! I am trying for 10 more lbs. by June. WooHoo! Gonna get that gym membership today:)

Randy, the Master Cleanse isnt so bad. It is mind over matter. ALOT psychological. I lost my first 10lbs with The Master Cleanse. The thing people have to realize is that it is NOT a weight loss regimen. It is a cleanse.

The last 15lbs was better diet and more exercise, but because of the cleanse my metabolisim was boosted greatly!

Anonymous said...

Hey, RanMan..

It's been a while. You are doing great!

I just bought a new speed bag and thought of you for some reason.. I would highly recommend it (been boxing since I was 6.)

If you do decide to try it, there is a really good DVD that will teach you the basics really fast..

It is here:

http://store.titleboxing.com/speed-bag-bible-video.html

Anyway, keep it up!

Hope How is doing ok.. Drop me a line sometime..

God bless,

Andrew (nowheredesign from How Forum if you remember.)