Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Down but not out

Here I am again. The man on the perpetual diet.

This weight loss thing has been the hardest thing I have ever - ever - attempted to do. I currently weigh 297 pounds. Yeah, that's a lot. What's really depressing is that it's been three years since I started this blog and this is where I'm at.

Who or what can I blame? Really, nobody or nothing but me. No one is force-feeding me. Nobody is keeping me from exercising.

I fall down and get back up again. I was exercising regularly up until November of last year when I let the holidays throw me off track.

A few months ago I had a change in medication that made me gain almost 15 pounds in two weeks! Switched to another, and I've spent the last few months trying to lose what I regained. So I'm down another 18 pounds or so. That's great, I just wish I was being consistent.

I'm keeping a food diary most days. I need to get back to exercising. I think blogging regularly should help. Also Spark People (www.sparkpeople.com) has a great community. Being involved in that would probably help.

So here I go again. Nothing to stop me, but me.

No comments: